Debt levels continue to rise around the world and there are growing concerns about how sustainable the current situation is. The situation may also have profound investment implications.
In this CIO Special – Peak debt: sustainability and investment implications – we look at the reasons behind rising debt, the lessons we can draw from history and possible investor and portfolio responses. The report includes analysis of the following points:
- Debt sustainability: key factors that determine economies’ resilience
- Dealing with debt: six ways (good and bad) to reduce debt levels
- Long-term impact on debt of ultra-expansionary monetary policy
- Alternative policy needs and the emergence of modern monetary theory
- Implications for fixed investment investing and its place in a portfolio
- The case for equities and real assets in a high debt world
To download a PDF of the full report, please click here.